Friday, November 25, 2011

Neat DIY gift for that special someone....


Hello friends! I'm so sorry I have been MIA, but the holidays plus a few of my best friends getting engaged has kept me busy, busy, busy. Anyway, a couple weeks ago was Shawn's birthday and although I got him a traditional gift, I also wanted to do something a little more special and from the heart. I got this idea to take some ordinary things, put a cute not on them and then hide them around so that all day he was finding a little present here and a little present there. It actually was really fun just thinking of cute little phrases to go with things you see at the store. So here are your supplies.....

1. small little gifts (I used bandaids, almond joy, soda,reeses pieces, goldfish, smarties, gummy bears, rice krispie treats, nuts, and animal crackers)

2. notecards

3. markers

4. scissors

5. tape

I'm going to do this post a little bit different than the and just show you all of the gifts/phrases one at a time. What I did with each one is write the phrase on the notecard and then cut around the edges of the notecard with different shaped scissors. Then I taped the card onto the gift and hid them in different places I knew he was likely to get into throughout the day....

1. The first one was band aids and the phrase said "I'm 'stuck' on you!"

2. Almond Joy- "It's a 'joy' being with you"

3. Soda- "I 'soda' think you are amazing"


4. Reeses Pieces- "You stole a 'piece' of my heart"


5. Goldfish- "You o'fish'ally have my heart"

6. Smarties- "I know I'm a 'smartie' because I'm dating you"


7. Gummy bears- "Life would be....un'bear'able without you"

8. Rice Krispie Treat- "You put the 'snap, crackle, and pop' in my life"

9. Nuts- "Just wanted you to know I'm 'nuts' for you!"

10. Animal Crackers- "I know our lives might be a 'circus' at times, but I'm glad we share it together"

My final thoughts: This was a great way to show Shawn how much he means to me in a personal way and it was fun and not difficult. The only things that really cost money (other than the $1 for the notecards) were the little gifts, and you can decide what to get and how many to make it cost more or less depending on your budget. Also, Shawn really enjoyed the treasure hunt factor of it


Overall DIY Grade: A

Good luck and please feel free to post your finished project and ask any questions or comments! Happy Do It Yourselfing

No comments:

Post a Comment